The Ashburton Community BankÂ® were the proud Major Sponsor of the Ashburton Village Twilight Festival. An estimated 12,000 people enjoyed the summer sunshine and the great variety of activities on offer. Piggy was busy entertaining festival goers and enjoying time on the Ashburton Community BankÂ® stage. The Festival provided a great opportunity for the community to enjoy the vibrant Ashburton Village and wander down the normally busy
We usually collect personal information directly from you.
CASH collects the following types of personal information:
- Shareholder name, address, contact details, banking details, tax file number etc;
- Community organisation management committee details such as committee contact information, membership data etc.
- Contact details of people that attend functions or events conducted by CASH.
- Photos, videos and other electronic records of events and functions that CASH attends.
Sometimes we collect or confirm this information from a third party. We will use reasonable efforts to obtain your consent to do this.
If you apply for shares in CASH, you will provide personal information to CASH and to CASHâ€™s Share Registry.
Some of the information that will be collected by CASH is required pursuant to tax and corporations law. If you do not provide the information requested, your share application may not be able to be processed efficiently, or at all.
Use and Disclosure
CASH and/or the Share Registry collect, hold and use your personal information in order to:
- assess and process your share application;
- provide products, facilities and services which you may request;
- assist you with queries or concerns;
- facilitate the making of community investments in projects selected by CASH and to market products and services to the members of the community group;
- collaborate with community groups in joint projects for the benefit of the community group, its members, the wider community or CASH;
- comply with legal or regulatory obligations imposed on us; and
- carry out appropriate administration of your investment.
To do these this, CASH may disclose your personal information to organisations that carry out functions on behalf of CASH such as mailing and printing houses, share registry, the National Stock Exchange, and Bendigo and Adelaide Bank.Â CASH does not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
Your information may also be used for the marketing of products, facilities or services offered or distributed by Bendigo or other matters concerning Bendigo generally that CASH or Bendigo thinks may be of interest to you. You agree that the contact details you provide to CASH (including any personal or home phone number) can be used by CASH and Bendigo indefinitely for these purposes. If you do not want your personal information to be used for this purpose, you should contact CASH and Bendigo on the contact details below.
Storage and Security
Our employees are authorised agents and are obliged to respect confidentiality. The personal information of shareholders is recorded by an external share registry provider and is accessible by the CASH secretary and public generally as a publicly listed Company.
CASH holds personal information of community groups on local computers. CASH may link the personal information of shareholders with the community groups it deals with and may link the personal information of any person to the banking information held by Bendigo Bank.
Access and Correction
Under the Privacy Act you may request access to and seek correction of your personal information held by (or on behalf of) CASH. You can request access to and seek correction of your personal information held by CASH by contacting the Companyâ€™s Secretary on the contact details below.
Shareholders seeking access or corrections to personal information on the share register should contact our share registry at:
Phone: 03 5445 4200
Privacy Concerns or Complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about the treatment of your personal information by CASH you can contact the CASHâ€™s Secretary on the contact details below.Â CASH will promptly investigate your complaint and notify you of the outcome. Â If you are still not satisfied you can in some cases refer your complaint to the:
Financial Services Ombudsman
Phone 1800 367 287
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
The Company Secretary
last update: February 2017